Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tulips on Route 1

I screeched to the side of the road on my way home from work tonight when I saw these beautiful tulips adorning the side of the highway. I had to photograph them. (This is why I always carry a camera!) Here are some of the shots:


"Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light." ~Theodore Roethke



"All flowers in time bend towards the sun,
I know you say there's no one for you, But here is one." ~Jeff Buckley


"And the heart that is soonest awake to the flowers
is always the first to be touch'd by the thorns." ~Thomas Moore

(This pic had a watercolor effect applied.)

"We are all treading the vanishing road of a song in the air,
the vanishing road of the spring flowers and the winter snows,
the vanishing roads of the winds and the streams,
the vanishing road of beloved faces." ~Richard Le Gallienne



"By cultivating the beautiful we scatter the seeds of heavenly flowers,
as by doing good we cultivate those that belong to humanity." ~Robert A. Heinlein


"Stretching his hand up to reach the stars,
too often man forgets the flowers at his feet." ~Jeremy Bentham

No comments:

Popular Posts